Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)
15 July2 days, 08:00 AM AEST - 05:00 PM AEST
24 July2 days, 07:30 AM ACST - 02:30 PM ACST
31 July2 days, 08:00 AM AEST - 05:00 PM AEST
14 August2 days, 08:00 AM AEST - 04:00 PM AEST
19 August2 days, 08:00 AM AEST - 05:00 PM AEST
23 August2 days, 08:00 AM AEST - 05:00 PM AEST
4 September2 days, 08:00 AM ACST - 05:00 PM ACST
11 September2 days, 08:00 AM AEST - 05:00 PM AEST
4 October2 days, 08:00 AM AEDT - 05:00 PM AEDT
21 October2 days, 08:00 AM AEDT - 05:00 PM AEDT
28 October2 days, 08:00 AM ACST - 05:00 PM ACST
20 November2 days, 08:00 AM ACST - 05:00 PM ACST
3 December2 days, 08:00 AM AEDT - 05:00 PM AEDT
5 December2 days, 08:00 AM AEDT - 05:00 PM AEDT
The premier trauma nursing course for nurses and hospitals worldwide
This course taught by qualified emergency nurses, delivers the knowledge, critical thinking skills and hands-on training needed to keep trauma patients safe. The overall course objective is to improve trauma patient outcomes by providing nurses with foundational trauma knowledge, skills, and a systematic Trauma Nursing Process to guide trauma patient care.
After taking TNCC, nurses will be able to systematically assess the trauma patient, to intervene and/or assist with interventions, and to provide evidence-based trauma nursing care within the context of a trauma team.
Here’s a glimpse into what you’ll learn:
- The latest trauma nursing practice recommendations
- Systematic assessment and application of care
- Rapid identification of life-threatening injuries
TNCC, 8th Edition, is here!
This new and improved edition brings exciting new features and course structure. Be on the lookout for TNCC, 8th Edition, scheduled courses on the ENA course listings page.
Exciting new features, include:
- Virtual learning modules including avatar-based simulation
- Interactive teaching strategies
- Electronic, open-book testing - No more test anxiety!
- Updated evidence-based provider manual
- One and a half-day course
- 18.3 contact hours of CNE
- Optional Student Workbook and Study Guide available
A variety of learning methodologies are included to cater to every learning style, including:
- Online modules
- Live simulation
- Instructor-led classroom discussions and skill stations
Textbook: The latest edition of the TNCC Trauma Nursing Core Course Provider Manual includes evidence-based content developed by trauma emergency experts. The 24-chapter, comprehensive manual is a compilation of current trauma nursing standards and a valuable resource for future reference.
Online learning: Online modules with links to additional information are provided prior to the course date to let you learn at your own pace, apply what you learn and receive immediate feedback, and refer back to information at any time. The modules are a complete case study process — taking you through an entire sequence of care.
Live simulation: TNCC includes hands-on training using both an individual and team approach. Trauma nursing process psychomotor skills stations offer you the opportunity to practice trauma patient assessments and interventions in a controlled environment.
Instructor-led classroom discussions and skill stations: TNCC is a one and a half-day intensive course taught by expert instructors.
- Participants must be an RN and possess a current unrestricted nursing license to receive verification
- Enrolled Nurses and Registered Paramedics are eligible to attend all portions of the course except for the written and psychomotor evaluations. For this reason, they do not receive verification, but are awarded contact hours
Catering is provided throughout the course. We can cater for a range of dietary requirements. Please advise of dietary requirements when enrolling for the course.
Neat casual clothing suitable for hands-on CPR practice and enclosed footwear.